Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weekend. Didn't suck.

Suprisingly, our weekend didn't suck.

Now that I have finished crying like a baby over Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and have given up on trying to cash in on this whole Desperate Housewives mania for this season .... I am ready to tell you all about it. I know, I know. You're still waiting on me to write about New York. I'm trying. Take what you can get, people.

For those of you who don't know (shame for not keeping up with my everyday happenings) our entire family made plans to head north for the weekend.... one that would involve the wedding of My Favorite Cousin, Josh... . I wasn't nessecarily "anticipating" this weekend - as anything that involves me, the girls, bugs, and complaining usually doesn't go down easily. However, the plans were made - and my sulking didn't seem to phase anyone.

(HELLO... CAN YOU NOT SEE MY PRINCESS CROWN? Maybe I should think about having this thing cleaned or something)

Anyway - so - Saturday morning we arrived early in semi-North Georgia... unpack everyone and all our cameras for the wedding. Jordin and I went for a walk through the adorable town... and I briefly considered throwing every bit of common sense in my head in the toilet and moving there. Yeah. Back to reality.

I helped The Bride get dressed... sweet girl, very sheltered... and convinced her to *shock and awe* take OFF her nylons since she was way, way too hot. What?!?! A wedding without nylons? Yes, honey. They'll be on the floor sooner or later. (insert more shock and awe here) I mean, really.

The girls were fabulous during the wedding, I took lots of great pictures. Lots.

We made the 1.5 hour drive from wedding to lodge .... girls were with my cousin Jennifer (insert evil laughter here) since she had a DVD player in her van. Mom and I chatted the whole way about nothing but girly, inappropriate stuff. Not really. I don't talk to my mom about that stuff unless my little sister is around. But it was nice.

Arrived at our weekend retreat... fell in love. The place was amazing. Took more pictures.

Dad cooked. Mom bossed around and reorganized. Girls bonded with the cousins they'd never met.

I walked and talked and ate and napped. And took the girls on a nature hike. And out in the paddle boats (never, ever again will I do JLo in the paddle boat... ever.) . Jordin and I shared a miserable sofa bed experience. She ate a real booger when I challenged her. Sarah Beth ran and yelled and bossed, which are three of her favorite activities. They refused to go and snuggle with Mimi this morning... they said my bed was more comfortable. Which was obviously a complete lie... but hey, I'll take it. Pa took SB paddle boating and out in the canoe.... a job which I simply refused to do... as the last time SB and I paddle boated, I ended up waist deep in lake water after paddling the boat in by myself... as her majesty was tired. They came home poison oak free... so far, anyway. They ate alot, and played in the sunshine.

I sort of left town with a heavy heart... you know, just the stuff that gets clogged up sometimes. There was much time to reflect... to renew... and the ability to leave refreshed.

It's amazing what a little walk around the lake holding hands with your favorite people can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place!