Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Overheard this morning, post discovery of poison oak rash on Jordin's ankle:

(mommy calmy finishes explaining to Jordin that if we scratch the itch, poison oak will then spread to the next place we touch on our body... our eyes, our nose... where ever. So don't scratch, ok? We'll just leave it alone for a couple of days, and it will be gone... )

SB: I mean, Jordin, let's not get all carried away about this. So you got poison oak. You don't have to brag about it.

That's right. My children are now currently getting jealous of the other having an itchy rash. Oy.

4 comments:

Jim Fletcher said...

I used to TOTALLY be jealous of people with broken bones. Alas, I never broke an arm/leg, nothing. I did indirectly break my little sister Valerie's leg once, though... ahh- good times.

Yeah- I always thought the attention people w/ broken arms got was cool- plus people wanted to sign your cast, which is like some kind of reverse-celebrity thing: "Excuse me, can I give you MY signature?"

But SB&J are so competitive, this doesn't suprise me. SB actually told me once that she gets up early on Sat. morning so that Jordin isn't awake before her. What- does SB think that's when Dad has a secret carnival?

Rachael said...

No, Jim. Duh.
She does that because she wants control of the remote.
See?
Rach

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny how mommies and daddies see what their children do in such different ways!! although the mommies know exactly why they do them and daddies just don't get it:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel! Do you remember me?
Prom 1994-Waffle House-Ring a bell?