Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday.

Dinner tonight with Katey. The amazing Katey. Don't you just have a friend who you think is amazing? She took me to pizza (oy- RUN from the Cinco de Mayo Atlantans) and let me talk. And she listened. And then she dished some advice. The good kind of advice. The kind of advice only girlfriends can share. She tells me to shutup when I need too, that it's ok to cry, that I am beautiful, to be nice to Jim even when I don't want too, that she loves my girls, and that I should never, ever settle for second best. She tells me when someone is checking me out. She tells me to stand up straight and to smile. And sometimes, she tells me to buy the cute black shoes with the great bows that are only for going out. Even though they have three inch heels. It's okay, she says, because I should be proud of being tall. I love Katey. Really.

Got home to the sweet smelling freshly bathed girls. They smell so good when they're clean. And all their little hair is piled up on their heads in a million clips. Pretty, sweet girls. There is just nothing better than clean, sweet children. Except when they are mad because you tell them no more television. What? You mean we can't watch this episode of Spongebob for the 1,545,456,456,456 time? Again - I am so mean. But, can she have book fair money for tomorrow anyway?

Finished my home made Mothers Day cards today. Actually going to put them in the mail tomorrow.

Appointment to get hair cut tomorrow morning foiled again. I always build up the nerve to get it done - and then at least two people talk me off the ledge... without knowing I am planning on cutting it. I take those hints as a sign from the Hair Goddess. She's warning me that I will hate it and bitch and complain that it's too short. And nobody wants to hear me complain about hair for goodness sakes.

I need cute clothes to take to NYC next weekend. I also need comfy shoes. I also need a plane ticket to Texas later this month. Anyone have a thousand dollars? I'll send you my Paypal Account name. Seriously. I will.

EXWD invited me and the girls to Mothers Day lunch on Sunday at his mom's. Go say something nice to him about it. If you want to. And maybe we're taking the girls to Disney this Christmas. Maybe.

Busy weekend ahead. Someone call 911 if I haven't posted by Sunday.

Ciao -
rach

No comments: