Tuesday, May 31, 2005

funny.
(stop me if you've heard this one....)

so.

my dad. sometimes he's the best. sometimes he's cool. most often, he's everything.
last night, my ever-so-technologically-challenged parents discovered the world of "ringtones." this is trouble. like, of major proportions.
why?
because my mom and dad argue while at the computer. my mom, who doesn't understand why the internet is not her personal magic wand, gets frustrated with my dad, who doesn't understand that just because he couldn't find it, it might possibly exist elsewhere. they can spend hours scanning, editing, searching, typing, and joining. hours. ringtones = hell.

hence the argument that arose when my dad couldn't find the Usher ringtone my mom wanted. (yes, Usher. she's down.)

ok. so, then my dad downloads a ringtone for his phone. he now thinks this concept is a novel one. what ringtone did my dad get? my dad, who's worked for Ma Bell for thirty+ years? you guessed it. the original, old school telephone ring. isn't he just hysterically clever?

so, then he decides my sister and I also need a ringtone. lucky girls. we don't ask for much, considering we're two grown women who pay our own bills and our dad still pays for our cellphones. so, off he goes. becca was smart. sort of. she went with him to choose the ringtone. half an hour later, she comes downstairs with "step by step" jamming from her nokia - her tribute to the nineties and new kids on the block.

and me? my dad comes in grinning like a chesire cat. my phone rings. "long tall sally," it plays.

funny.

cause I've never heard that one before, dad.

like, ever.


Rach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny! Your dad is waaaaay more advanced than mine. My dad refuses to get a cell phone or computer and he JUST got a DVD player (but still prefers the VCR). So stuck in the stone age.