Wednesday, May 11, 2005

  • Getting ready to out of town is a pain in the ass. There is too much to be done and too many kids around here to manage.
  • I actually paid money for fake hair today for my daughter... it's for her dance competition this weekend. $21 for a bunch of fake curls on a banana clip?
  • I baked two lemon cakes tonight yay Barefoot Contessa). Two. This was a complete mess, as we only had ONE of the pan I needed, and TWO recipes of batter.
  • It really doesn' t take 6-8 lemons to make a 1/3 cup of lemon zest. Really.
  • SB is talking about Star Wars... a lot. God, please don't make my child one of those people.
  • I have to buy new tennis shoes tomorrow. And pack. And clean. And pack for the girls. Oh yeah, and work too.
  • I got a COOL car coffee cup and a $50.00 gift card to Starbucks for Mothers Day from a friend. I plan on utilizing both in the morning.
  • SB "rescued" some baby bluebirds today. Only not in a good way. I am working on an entire post for that one.
  • I bought THIS book to help plan OUR TRIP to Disney.
  • You should have seen the wigs this white girl can' t wear in the shop where we "bought" our hair.
  • I am very, very tired.
  • Very.
  • Goodnight.

2 comments:

Katey said...

now rachael, you're trying to raise your girls to be accepting and open and yet you're afraid that SB will be one of those people?

that's good, i'm afraid too!

K

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Lemon cake is one of my favorites! Was the recipe in her book or online?

Have a great time at Disney World! I've never been to Disney World, but we live about an hour from Disneyland. I love it.