Thursday, May 19, 2005

Speechless.
**Religious Disclaimer** If you don't want to hear it, don't read it. And certainly don't complain about it**

My former sister in law Valerie wrote this on her blog. I thought it was simply amazing, and says so much about her character. I hope you enjoy it as much.

I smile at people's thoughts on love. They vary as widely and wildly as spring seeds scattering in a gush of wind. Unpredictable, Confusing, Ingenious, Beautiful. Sometimes there is no logic, sometimes nothing but logic... all heart, no heart, hearts beaten and tattered, and some untouched. Good luck finding someone with no thoughts on it... it wont happen. We all search for love.

Nothing hurts as much, nothing feels as good. How many hours of your life have you spent in pursuit of love?

Our lives consist of this one search. Is anything more important to you than loving, and being loved?

If you answered, as I did, with a resounding NO! Nothing is of greater importance to me than love. Than I ask you to define love. Not for me, but for yourself. What does it look like? What does it feel like? How does it sound? When you search for love... what is it you search for?

Often times for me I search for simple things... laughter, someone who will inspire me to change the things about me that are not right, and who I inspire to be greater as well. I search for calm seas that give and take not easily angered. A gentle and kind heart that thinks of others first. A faithful servant who does not rely on the shifty pursuit of earthly gluttonous, but who looks to the Lord for guidance with a humble spirit.

Be with someone who inspires you... and who you inspire as well. Laughter, joy, friendship, love, the stuff of magic and daydreams. The fruit you can see from a life following after the heart of God, "Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control." Be you. Only change to become more like Christ himself. You can quote me on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks Rachael! That ment so much! I didnt get many comments- I didnt know what anyone thought :) (BIG SMILE!) -V