Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Princesses Return.
They spent the long holiday weekend with dad.... you can read more about their adventures here. If you want the short version, there were many cartoonish wild animals, Jim's realization that he is not "a winner," and lots of table hockey. They came home happy and exhausted. And dirty. So dirty, in fact, that Jim pre-empted their arrival home with a phone call to warn me of their dirtiness. He's never done this, so I knew it had to be bad. Two days, people. Two days since the little darlings had graced the interior of a bathtub or shower. In the past, I think I would have been pissed. Completely. The Princesses dirty? Never! However, I found myself strangely calm and just glad to know they'd had fun. I'm not sure I'm ok with that reaction, however, *Nice Rachael* told me to just shutup and go with it. *Nice Rachael* is often nice and charming, which confuses people. Especially me.

So, when they arrived home, I decrusted them in the shower, cleaned out their fingernails and toenails, made them brush their teeth forever, and them tucked them into bed. They were snoring in five minutes.

Hasn't anyone told them snoring isn't ladylike?

3 comments:

Jim Fletcher said...

Hey- they'd been swimming in a lake... that's as good as a bath, right?

Rachael said...

Oh. My. God.

Rach

Anonymous said...

A lake full of fish. Smells lovely.
I would have stuck them in the freakishly large bath tub for a good scrub if my senses had been with me long enough to realize they probably wouldn't get one any other way.
Just another "Homer" right!?! ;)

P.S. MUCH Thanks for the email... I really felt honored to be on 2 blogs. :)