Monday, May 09, 2005

Two kinds of Trash
Overheard today while doing yardwork

Girls come home from school. Elated to find mommy working in the yard of the new (old) house. Mommy is wearing white tank top, cut off blue jeans, flip flops, and a bandana around her way-too-long hair.

Sarah: Mommy!

Me: Wha? (I can no longer form complete words at this point... more on me and yardwork later)

Jordin: YOU look CUTE in that outfit.

Me: What?

Sarah: Yeah, mom. It's cute.

Me: Really? (wipe dirty sweat off my face) I kinda thought I looked like trash.

Sarah: Yeah, but the cute kind of trash. Like maybe the kind someone would take out of the trash and play with.

Me: There are two kinds of trash?

Sarah : Yeah. And you're the cute kind.

Jordin. Yeah. (turns cartwheel)

2 comments:

Jim Fletcher said...

I'd probably do well to leave this one alone, huh?

Anonymous said...

is it so difficult to update your blog?