Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Mysterious Trip cancelled.
Many things realized.
Moving on.

I am a Sometimes Country Music Girl. This was on my radio today. Fate, I ask you?

I've dealt with my ghosts
And faced all my demons
Finally content with the past I regret
I found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with my self
I've been burdened with blame
Trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin on

I've lived in this place
And I know all the faces
Each one is different
But they're always the same
They mean me no harm
But it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed Home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin on

I'm moving on
At last I can see
Life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarentees
But I'm not alone
There comes at time
In everyones life
When all you can see
Are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind
That those days are gone

I've sold what I could
Packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should
But lived like I shouldn't
I had to loose everything to find out.
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
I'm Moving on

4 comments:

nicole said...

Love, love, love Rascal Flatts. Their songs make me cry (in a good way). xoxo

Anonymous said...

Currently my favorite song!!!!!!!!

Byrdnest said...

Hey, Rach!

Geesh - you've echoed one of my previous posts. That song is *so* profound to me, it struck a chord (no pun intended) a while back. I now perform it acoustically from time to time during gigs.

BTW... "The Aviator" is really good. So intriguing, in fact, I had to do a little digging and brushing up on my Howard Hughes history. Katharine Hepburn and Ava Gardner were pistols!

Byrdnest said...

Forgot the link last time -

http://byrdnest.blogspot.com/2004/10/im-moving-on.html