Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Years Day....
New Years Day 2005. The girls are away at the beach with Jim - he's at the Outback Bowl today... the girls I am sure are torturing their "other" grandparents... You know, these are the grandparents that see the girls about once or twice a year, and then only when Jim himself initiates the visit. So, I am sure they are completely deluged with a million and four questions, not to mention Jordin's usual show of whining and crying when around someone she feels she can manipulate... Sarah Beth I am sure, has not slowed her usual million question a day rate for the two of them, and I am positive both have complained about at least a meal or two.

Jordin left last week promising to return home to share her adventures.... "well," she added, "at least the ones I don't forget..." This clears her of any reponsibility when I ask them about their week, and the only thing they can muster about a week long visit to Grandad's fabulous beach house on the crystal clear shores of southern Florida is.... "I can't remember."

As for me - I spent last night with close friends, watching a couple of Lifetime movies, eating, and relaxing in the hot tub. Eating is not so bad, however, relaxing in a hot tub or watching Lifetime movies - especially the combination of both - is detremental for a single person who is decidedly tired of being single.... watching Lifetime movies is like sheer torture - all of which end with the perfect love story ending - you know, lost loves reunited despite horrible and strange, often decades long periods of seperation, or - the inevitable chance meeting of soulmates on a busy subway or street... and yet I continue to wait.... and, the hot tub idea... yikes... I'll pass next time on the warm relaxing hot tub experience with my sweet and dear friends who were celebrating their eigth wedding anniversary last night.... it was almost like a Lifetime movie... here we are - sharing our anniversary with our sweet, poor single friend Rachael.

My New Year's Resolution this year?? Well, there's a list of em', baby - but, at the top - to find that peaceful feeling that reminds me that it's ok - that someday, somewhere - I am sure to meet "him," and be a part of something for the rest of my life. That's my resolution. Yeah, yeah, it sounds really cheesy and storybook - but it's truly what I seek. I hate the panic feeling that sets in when I think about being single for the rest of my life.... it's scary. Maybe this year I can at least drop the panic thing - work on the rest some other time.

Happy New Year to you and yours -
Rachael

UPDATE - Just spoke to the girls, they can't wait to come home, even though they've had a wonderful time. I am so glad. :-) I've missed them.

No comments: