Friday, March 04, 2005

Withdrawal

Less than twenty four hours till SB leaves for DC. We just finished last minute shopping for new books, socks and Game Boy Game. She cashed in her rolled coins and has almost $55.00 pocket money... pretty impressive for an eight year old and her piggy bank. Usually, we call that the "beach money," as she always rolls up a bunch before she heads to the beach house with her dad in the summer. I let her have it now... just for fun. Her teacher has made her promise to "take good field notes" while she is away - so, I bought her a disposable camera as well. Currently, she is out exchanging shoes with Pa - apparently, the old and very wise "Pa" has a hard time buying shoes that actually FIT the child. Could I have returned them? Oh indeed. However, my dad "can handle it," he says, "after all, I've been doing this for years," he brags.

Right. And that's why her shoes don't fit properly.


Rachael

No comments: