Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What Supermom does on her day OFF from work.....

Yay... a day off!! Sleeping in... breakfast in bed.... shopping.... facial.... nails...

(Oh - no wait - I think for a moment I confused my life with someone else's... someone who must have no children or a staff at her home.... I am not sure if it's just one or a combination of the two.... I'll have to research that and get back to you....)

The day started out well... waking up at six am to try and shower BEFORE waking the sleeping princesses...

(however, my children never LOOK like princesses while they sleep - I think that's a myth - children look angelic while asleep - Jordin has usually tossed the covers and stripped down at some point to nothing but her favorite pair of way, way too small Barbie underwear, which is usually exposing a butt cheek or two by morning... and Sarah Beth looks like an Eskimo under three layers of blankets and at least one appendage hanging off the bed.... I just don't know where the "cute sleeping kids" idea came from... maybe it's that lady above - her children MUST be beautiful when they sleep.... )

Um - where was I ? Oh yes... waking up.....
Went for a walk after dropping the girls at school... 1.5 miles... which is no big deal, really .... Planet Smoothie and Target on the way home.... hmmm... what to get the girls for their Easter Baskets... no idea .... note to self - think about this later....

Came home and showered, worked on more business stuff for a while and listened to mom complain about a paint color used on a home decorating show... damn show.... I look to see what is bothering her so badly - and realize I have just purchased this same color and painted at least two walls of my living room this color... how long hs it been since she visited?? Note to self.... give mother valium before displaying chocolate color paint in living room; prepare to admit poor taste in color upon her issuance of opinion on the matter...

Make healthy lunch (oh yes, grilled chicken and steamed veggies... yuck but filling) and eat while making list of phone calls to make before I pick up the little darlings from school... call Jordin's doctors office to make four year well check appointment (shutup, I know it's been a year) so she can have proper immunization form for school; must call next week.... great... one more week of my child living without vitally important immunization... watch her come down with chicken pox or something like that just to spite me this week....

Email Jim and work out weekends through Memorial Day... well, really I let him tell me what he wanted to do ... you know, around his exams and social calendar... I would HATE to have a life or anything like that... Jim decides that he will join us at family egg hunt this weekend (you know, sometimes things come out of my mouth before I even realize what I am saying) AND at church on Easter Sunday. FABULOUS. I am SO excited to have more "family" time.

Stuff 45 pastel plastic easter eggs purchased at Target this morning with Reese's cups for Jordin's class hunt on Friday... realize that I am very meticulously matching foil color to egg color... yikes...

Pick up girls from school. Jordin first - she calls carpool the "drive through lane," and is always thrilled to NOT stay after school. Is this my child they are putting in the car? Funny. I remember dropping her off with neat, combed hair and stain free clothing, both her shoes tied, her bookbag zipped, and oh yes - a jacket on... this child you're giving me back looks like she lives in a zoo... hmmm... well, keep her anyway. (Jordin by the way, despises these jokes I make with her... she starts crying and saying, "it's me mommy - Rebecca Jordin..." I must be inflicting YEARS of needed therapy later everytime I do this to her)

Take Jordin to gas station for a treat, since I feel bad for making her cry, again.... she picks out candy for her (Berry Skittles) and Sarah (Reese's Pieces Mini) and a Sprite. She tries to pick beer, but I won't let her. Quick, painless... and simple. Sarah Beth would have taken at least an hour to choose candy and would have needed the bathroom at least twice.

Pick up Sarah Beth in carpool. She of course, learned "nothing" today and "doesn't remember" what her favorite part of the day was.... her day was (surprise) "fine." She does however, become very converstational in telling me about how she needs money for the bookfair next week. WOW... she needs money? Jordin give Sarah candy with look of pride on her face... Sarah Beth gets "evil sugar overload" eye.....

Veg with girls at home for about an hour... force Jordin to dress herself for dance class.. torture, I know - making a five year old put on her own tights and leotard... and shoes?!?! Convince SB to stay with Mimi while I take Jordin to dance class... arrive five minutes late, sit down and read magazine.... quiet....

Meet Mimi, Pa, and SB at Atlanta Bread Company for dinner. Mimi offers to buy girls Easter Shoes... I don't complain... head to Target after dinner, pick up two cardigans (12.99 ea) for Sunday... no matching colors... :-( Mom sees two cute canary yellow tennis dresses (9.99 ea) and insists the girls have one... matching set... Jordin immediatley breaks into Copacabana in the middle of the store....

Pick out Sunday shoes... Jordin goes for glittery pink tennis shoes (way, way cute) and SB gets the white loafers with pink piping. Mom makes better on her throw-me-right-under-the-bus-to-buy-the-yellow-dresses-move and offers to buy Jordin an extra pair of shoes... we go for the pink glittery dress shoes... no surprise there.

Jordin tells me she smells something bad... I don't, however DO notice a huge brown stain across the back of her dance pants... in complete horror, we rush to the bathroom to investigate... where she informs me she doesn't really smell anything, and that yes, she sat on her chocolate cookie at dinner... fabulous.

Come home... bathe .... pajamas... help SB finish school project.... bedtime....

Blog.

Bedtime.....

:-)
Rachael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C'mon...Your a Mom. "Day Off" should not even be a part of your vocabulary.