Monday, February 21, 2005

Winter Break
or, every parent's worst nightmare

Here we are again. Or, um - here we are for the first time, enjoying the freakin miserable ever-so-lovely concept of Winter Break. I must hand it to the Paulding County School System... once again - making us parents proud.

Who came up with this monstrosity of an idea? Did that person order miserable crappy weather at the same time? I'm just curious, that's all. I am pretty sure the person who planned this either, a. has a house in Aspen we don't know about... or, b. has no children of their own at home.

Productive? Oh yes. Let me just tell you. So far, the snotty nose girls and I have slept in until 10 AM, stayed in our PJ's until I basically forced them to dress, watched a movie (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen) in the completely dark living room, and now - are preparing to have lunch at approximately 2:30 PM or so, give or take my blogging minutes.

So far - the day has been promising. Sarah Beth has marked her territory downstairs, claiming her entire bedroom area as "off limits" to Jordin. This of course involves much shouting and pushing. Then, Jordin has brought her entire toy collection it seems, upstairs to the spotlessly clean living room, and proceeded to turn said area into her own "Diva Dressing Room," complete with plastic Barbie hairdryer.... which I have no batteries for.

This all comes after a weekend debacle with Jim, Jordin and the ballet.... as well as my personal experience with Sarah Beth in Limited Too. Cursed is the person who owns that chain of stores. My wallet started screaming in agony when we went in. Call me a Target girl, but I just don't understand why my eight year old needs blue jeans that cost more than her six foot tall mommy's? Do you?

(more later. must do lunch before DFCS shows up)


Rachael

No comments: