Monday, February 07, 2005

things I absolutley despise LOVE about being a single mom
oh yes, it's Rachael ranting again ... file under the single fabulous life


I realized the other day while updating my Classmates.com profile that there is a category I just don't see... you see, currently, my "relationship status" is "single and loving it." I hate that. I am certainly NOT single and loving it. I am actually, single and ready to tear my hair out hating it... does anyone know how hard it is to date and be a single mom? Balancing the two are like balancing crystal plates on your head - and baby, I ain't graceful.
I have decided that there are things that make my skin crawl... and sadly enough, most all of them relate to being single... in order, here they are.

"Oh Rachael, don't worry... the right man will come along...."
Um... okay. But, are you sure? Does that mean I must put up with all the other "wrong" men until I am insane enough to just let my guard down and trust the right one???? And besides, I am tired -TIRED I tell you - of waiting on the "right" man. Maybe... just maybe I will lay my head down to rest for five minutes from waiting on the right one and he will stop by while my eyes are closed... hmm?? What if??

"But Rachael, Jim is so handsome...."
Yeah, let me just tell you - I thought so too... trust me. I know this is the first time you're meeting him and all, but you know, you get over the boyish good looks at about 1.5 years into the marriage. The other stuff, you know -the less boyishly good looking stuff takes over, and your vision becomes clouded. I just don't know what I was thinking... how could I not want to be with someone who is so handsome. Yack.

"when you least expect it, that's when you'll meet the perfect man...."
Oh, dear. What if I have food in my teeth or a bad hair day or a run in my tights or the wrong color mascara? I can't even describe the pressure. It's tremendous.

Of course, truth be told - I actually DO appreciate the things people say to me to encourage me. I am however, worried that I might miss Mr. Right in the crowd..... until then, even though I might say I hate it, please keep laying it on thick - because, I often need to be told that there is a small, tiny, microscopic light at the end of the proverbial tunnel - and telling me that Jim is oh so handsome might keep me from complete insanity. Seriously.

I mean that part about Jim. SOMEONE needs to tell me he has one small redeeming quality.






No comments: