Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What a life, baby... what a life
notes on my exciting lifestyle

Well. It's 10:23 PM. I am busy being me. This involves:
  • waiting on washing machine to finish so I can dry clothes (especially Jordin's PJ's for tomorrow... it's PJ Day)
  • making long mental to do list that will never be accomplished before bedtime
  • researching the Underground Railroad for a bulletin board project at SB's school (yep, that's me Miss Multicultural Mommy)

Actually, in hindsight, my normal life involves none of the above. No. None of it.

  • I would never really be that concerned about laundry
  • denial is a beautiful thing - and I often prefer NOT to think about all the things I can't get done in even an unreasonable amount of time
  • I must've lost my mind when I volunteered to do the bulletin board. I despise all those PTA mommies, and after all, I am not exactly a multicultural expert.... besides, if I were GOING to do a project, I would typically procrastinate until the absolute last minute.

Hmmm. Something must be amiss. Is there a full moon soon or something?

Sarah Beth's school has brillantly decided to have Vday festivities on Friday instead of on Monday. This sucks because now, I cannot possibly procrastinate going out and letting the girls choose their own special 2.99 box of flimsy Valentines. I used to make SB's... I mean, what child would not love to have awesome handmade Valentine cards to hand out to all their friends? Well, I'll tell you who... my kid. The anal one. Last year, in our private school prissiness... I handmade twenty little sticker books, and included stickers for each. SB was a little less than enthused... she just wanted Spongebob or Lizzie McGuire or something like that. I vowed never again. So, they are elated that they get to pick out their own this year. Whatever.

Jordin is celebrating Vday NEXT Friday, the 18th. What the @#@(#* is up with not just having a Valentines party on Valentines day? What? Anyway, feeling VERY VERY dillusional, I signed up to bring cupcakes and goody bag treats. I am a cupcake freak. THIS is the cupcake I really want to do for the party. I can promise you it will involve me cussing like a sailor. I also love THIS cupcake, but - I think the vulgar language would defeat the "love" theme. I'll keep you posted on how it actually goes.

Anyway. If you want to see more precious Vday ideas... check out Family Fun's website, a magazine we love at our house. :-)

No comments: